Travel industry experts predict a record number of Americans will be traveling between December 21st and January 1st. More than 115 million of us are expected to be on the move and that’s the highest number in 20 years.
About 7 million of that number are expected to be flying – despite the fact that airfares are higher than they have been in recent memory. One of the reasons is the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max which has left airlines operating with fewer planes during the busiest time of year.
There are a few obvious tips to help mitigate the headaches of air travel during December. Make sure you get to the airport early, etc. Here are some other things you might not have considered that can help make the process more stress-free:
- Download the app to your airline of choice and allow push notifications. This way you will be aware of any flight delays or gate changes immediately.
- Try and avoid the airline counter lines by printing your boarding pass at home or having it sent directly to your phone. If you are checked in, you can go directly to security.
- Pack in a carry-on and organize it so that electronic devices are separated. Make sure you don’t have liquids or anything that will be delay you or be confiscated.
- Plan your parking in advance. Consider making a reservation at an off-site parking facility.
- Pack toys and snacks for kids. Consider having new activities that will keep them interested. But don’t forget to have things to entertain yourself, too. This is a good time to try the new podcast you have been wanting to listen to or download the new Netflix series everyone is talking about.
Finally, your friends and travel advisors at Mann Travels wish you and your family a safe, healthy and festive Holiday Season and Happy New Year.